Huddersfield Office: 01484 506175
    London Office 0203 325 2074
Your simpler, quicker, easier visa tick

Retained Rights of Residence

I am a non-EEA national and my EEA spouse has died or departed from the UK

You can apply for a UK residence card if you are a non EEA national family member of an EEA national who has died or departed from the UK.

You need to show that the EEA national spouse was in the UK, in order to work, study or live in UK as self sufficient in exercising their free movement rights and you lived together for at least 1 year prior to their death/ departure from UK.

You don’t need to apply for a UK Residence Card if you’re a family member but it can help you show employers you’re allowed to work here and help prove you qualify for certain benefits and services.

Extended family members must have a valid Residence card or EEA family permit.


If you apply through MyUKVisas, we will help you present the best possible case so you have the highest chance of success.

Contact us now

eea application with