Huddersfield Office: 01484 506175
    London Office 0203 325 2074
Your simpler, quicker, easier visa tick

Children in Private Education

I want my child to study in the UK at an independent school

If your child has a place at a UK independent (fee paying) school and is aged between 4 and 17 you need a Tier 4 (Child) Student Visa.

To successfully apply your child must have a place on a course, your consent to study, and enough money to cover the course fees and living costs. This type of visa will not enable your child to stay permanently in the UK nor can they bring family members to live here.

Applications for Tier 4 Visas are considered according to the UK’s Points-Based System.

Points are awarded on the basis of your educational qualifications, your future expected earnings, the type of sponsorship you require, your English language skills and the amount of money you have to support yourself in the UK.

It is very important to carefully consider these points before making a visa application.


If you apply through MyUKVisas, we will help you present the best possible case so you have the highest chance of success.

Contact us now

study visa application with