We understand that people accessing legal services are often concerned about the cost and we therefore operate a fixed price policy for private clients. This gives you certainty about what you are paying from the outset. Occasionally we may need to charge clients more than the standard price if their case is particularly complex, but we will advise you in advance if this is necessary.
We charge a mixture of fixed fees and hourly rates for services for business clients.
See our price list here.
What services are included
Typically a case will involve:
- Discussing your circumstances in detail and confirming whether this is the most appropriate application for you to make and what other options may be available to you;
- Giving you advice about the requirements of the Immigration Rules and whether you meet
- If you do not fulfil certain criteria, whether this can be overcome and how
- Considering the supporting evidence you have provided
- Where necessary, helping you obtain further evidence (such as medical records and bank statements), including taking statements of any witnesses;
- Preparing your application and submitting it on your behalf
- Attendance at a Home Office interview: if the Home Office ask you to attend an interview, we will give you clear advice (and discuss the possibility of us attending with you) at the appropriate time.
- Giving you advice about the outcome of the application and any further steps you need to take.
Disbursements are costs related to your matter that are payable to third parties, such as visa fees. We handle the payment of the disbursements on your behalf to ensure a smoother process.
- Interpreters’ fees at around £35 per hour (it can vary). Our staff speak a wide range of languages, including Albanian, Farsi, Romanian, Polish and Russian, so interpreters are rarely
- Independent expert reports e.g. medical experts. These are not required in many cases: we will let you know as soon as possible if we consider an expert report is necessary.
- If there is an interview and we do attend with you, there will be additional disbursements in respect of our mileage/travel expenses.
The costs quoted here do not include:
- Any Home Office fees for making the application. You will pay this to the Home Office directly as part of the application process.
- Where the Home Office refuse your application, advice and assistance in relation to any
How long will my application take?
We cannot guarantee how long the Home Office will take to process your application. Read the current processing times.
We will normally be able to submit applications within one to three weeks of you instructing us, but we will let you know at the earliest opportunity if it is likely to take longer than this.