Huddersfield Office: 01484 506175
    London Office 0203 325 2074

Working in the UK after Brexit

If you want to work in the UK but live in the EU, Switzerland, Norway, Iceland or Liechtenstein then you need a Frontier Worker permit. To be eligible you have to have begun working in the UK before 31 December 2020. You can enter the UK using the permit and work, rent property and access public services such as NHS treatment. It does not cover other family members.

Although the deadline for applying for Settled or Pre-Settled Status under the EU Settlement Scheme has passed it is still possible for family members of people already living here to apply (as long as the person already living in the UK was here before 31 December 2020).

If you are a citizen from the EU, Switzerland, Norway, Iceland or Liechtenstein you can travel to the UK for a short business trip without applying for a visa. In most cases you can stay for up to six months. Whilst you are here you can take part in normal business activities such as meetings, events and conferences. However, you are not allowed to do paid or unpaid work for a UK company, a work placement or internship or sell or provide goods or services direct to the public.

If you apply through My UK Visas, we will help you present the best possible case so you have the highest chance of success.

Contact us now

work visa application with